I received a nomination for a Liebster Award from Michelle at One More Mile! Thank you, Michelle – I am honored!! The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to bloggers and recognizes new blogs.
Here are the rules:
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award.
4. You must create 10 questions for your nominees.
5. You must go to their blogs and notify the nominees.
Here are Michelle’s fantastic questions along with my answers:
1. What is your favorite way to exercise? Why?
I love running because it’s so flexible – it doesn’t require much equipment, can be done with or without other people and can be done in any city. My running workouts become whatever I need them to be on a given day – time to reflect, brainstorm, zone out, mellow out, etc. I love setting running goals and being able to achieve them.
2. How do you find time to exercise?
Great question! I’ve made exercise a priority because know that I will be a better wife, friend, family member and example if I take care of myself by exercising. I’ve found that scheduling my workouts ahead of time, exercising with a friend for accountability and picking gyms that are close to where I work and/or live help me quite a bit. I work out with some of my co-workers a few days a week which helps me combine exercise time with socializing time.
3. What is a typical day like for you?
Work, exercise, spend time with my husband.
4. What do you hope to accomplish with your blog?
I am so inspired by my favorite blogs. In turn, I hope to inspire others to realize they are strong, valued individuals who deserve to live happy, healthy lives.
5. Who inspires you?
Wow! I am inspired by so many people – my husband, family and close friends. I am particularly inspired by individuals who overcome challenges or make sacrifices for causes they feel are important. Since I grew up in a military family, I have a special admiration for the men and women who serve our country so valiantly and selflessly.
6. Morning or night person?
Morning – I’d much rather go to bed early and get up early.
7. What are some of your fitness goals you have for 2014?Complete 2 half marathons, run a 10K in less than an hour, strengthen my arms and get more sleep.
8. What is your favorite blog post you have written? Please provide link. I don’t have one particular favorite but two that I really enjoyed writing are Our Individual Loads
and Finding a Passion
. 9. If you could change one thing from 2013, what would it be?
Letting fear prevent me from setting and achieving big goals.
10. What is one of your greatest life or fitness accomplishments?Marrying a wonderful man, earning a graduate degree and completing multiple 10K races.
I’d now like to present you with my Liebster Award Nominees:
Here are your questions:
1. Who is one of your greatest heroes?
2. What is your favorite post-workout meal?
3. How do you motivate yourself to work out?
4. Do you prefer exercising in a group or individually?
5. Where do you get your inspiration for blog posts?
6. Why did you start your blog?
7. What is one of your favorite qualities in your best friend?
8. What is one goal you’ve accomplished in 2014?
9. What talent are you most proud of?
10. How do you maintain a healthy lifestyle in a busy world?
I can’t wait to read your answers!