Happy Friday! I’m linking up again this week with Annemarie from The Fit Foodie Mama, Cassandra from Powered by Bling, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, Farrah from Fairyburger and Montana from Pretty Lil Mudder to bring you healthy recipes. This week’s theme is “Quick and Easy”. Please be sure to check out their recipes and feel free to add yours as well.
After a long day at work, my husband and I don’t have a lot of time or energy for complicated or time consuming meals. We love quick and healthy meals and today I’d like to share one of our favorite tricks – making homemade creamy pasta sauce with Laughing Cow Cheese! I got the idea from Iowa Girl Eats’ Broccoli-Chicken Mac and Cheese recipe. If you haven’t looked at Iowa Girl Eats’ recipes, you are missing out!!
1 9 oz package Buitoni Whole Wheat Three Cheese Tortellini
1 12 oz package Johnsonville Chicken Sausage (I used Chipotle and Jack), sliced
1 cup milk
Italian seasoning, to taste
salt and pepper, to taste
grated parmesan cheese or white cheddar cheese (optional)
1. Bring water to a boil and cook tortellini according to package directions
2. Combine Laughing Cow Cheese with milk in a large frying pan, cook on “medium-low” until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally
3. Once cheese has melted, add Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste, turn heat down to “low”
4. Add sliced chicken sausage to cheese/milk sauce
5. When tortellini is finished cooking, drain and then add tortellini to melted cheese/milk sauce
6. Stir well to combine
7. Top with grated cheese if desired
I serve this pasta with a green salad.
Also, we LOVE hearing from you. If you’d like to follow any members of our link-up, here are the details:
Annmarie: blog, facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest, bloglovin’
Cassandra: blog, facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest, bloglovin’
Emily: blog, twitter, instagram, pinterest, bloglovin’
Esther: blog, facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest, bloglovin’
Farrah: blog, instagram, pinterest, twitter, bloglovin’
Montana: blog, facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest, bloglovin’