Happy Friday! I’m linking up again this week with Annemarie from The Fit Foodie Mama, Cassandra from Powered by Bling, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, Farrah from Fairyburger and Montana from Pretty Lil Mudder to bring you healthy recipes. This week’s theme is “National Pasta Day”. Please be sure to check out their recipes and feel free to add yours as well.
8 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti noodles
1 pound chicken breast strips, sliced into pieces
1-2 tsp Cajun seasoning (or to taste)
1 tbsp canola oil
2 medium red bell peppers, thinly sliced
1 yellow crooked necked squash, sliced
1/2 red onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1 cup fat free low sodium chicken broth
1/3 cup milk (I used almond milk)
1 tbsp flour
3 tbsp light cream cheese
fresh cracked pepper
2 green onions, chopped
salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
1. Combine milk, cream cheese and flour in a small blender. Set aside.
2. Boil water and cook pasta according to package directions.
3. Season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Cajun seasoning. Cook chicken in skillet. Once chicken is cooked, remove chicken and carefully wipe out skillet.
4. Combine canola oil, bell peppers, onion and squash in skillet. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Cajun seasoning. Cook until vegetables begin to soften (about 6 minutes)
5. Add tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes.
6. Reduce heat to medium, add chicken broth and cream cheese mixture and stir for about 2 minutes.
7. Add the chicken and pasta, stirring well to coat everything with the sauce.
8. Adjust spices to taste and top with green onions before serving.
Also, we LOVE hearing from you. If you’d like to follow any members of our link-up, here are the details:
Annmarie: blog, facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest, bloglovin’
Cassandra: blog, facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest, bloglovin’
Emily: blog, twitter, instagram, pinterest, bloglovin’
Esther: blog, facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest, bloglovin’
Farrah: blog, instagram, pinterest, twitter, bloglovin’
Montana: blog, facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest, bloglovin’