Happy Friday!! I’m linking up again this week with Annemarie from The Fit Foodie Mama, Cassandra from Powered by Bling, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, Farrah from Fairyburger and Montana from Pretty Lil Mudder to bring you healthy recipes. This week’s theme is “Comfort Foods”. Please be sure to check out their recipes and feel free to add yours as well.
When I think of comfort food, pizza is one of the first things that comes to mind. This pasta dish has pizza’s comforting characteristics (marinara sauce, spicy meat, gooey cheese) with a healthy twist – whole wheat pasta and chicken meatballs. The best part? It couldn’t be easier!
1 package Aidelles Italian Style Chicken Meatballs, sliced
1 24-oz jar marinara sauce (I like Classico)
1 12-oz box whole wheat pasta (your favorite shape)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Boil water, cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
3. Spray baking dish with cooking spray.
4. Combine pasta, marinara sauce and meatballs in baking dish. Mix until combined.
5. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
6. Cover dish with foil and bake for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is melted. If you like the top of your pasta/cheese to be a little crispy, remove the foil for the last few minutes of baking.
Also, we LOVE hearing from you. If you’d like to follow any members of our link-up, here are the details:
Annmarie: blog, facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest, bloglovin’
Cassandra: blog, facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest, bloglovin’
Emily: blog, twitter, instagram, pinterest, bloglovin’
Esther: blog, facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest, bloglovin’
Farrah: blog, instagram, pinterest, twitter, bloglovin’
Montana: blog, facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest, bloglovin’