Happy Friday!! I’m linking up again this week with Annemarie from The Fit Foodie Mama, Cassandra from Powered by Bling, Esther from Chocolate Runner Girl, Farrah from Fairyburger and Montana from Pretty Lil Mudder to bring you healthy recipes. This week’s theme is “Pizza”. Please be sure to check out their recipes and feel free to add yours as well.
I love so many types of pizza – thick crust, thin crust, piled high with veggies, stuffed with meat, etc. Today I’ve got a simple recipe that is quick, delicious and easy to modify – pizza rolls! Basically I roll cheese, sauce and pizza toppings inside of pizza dough and bake until the dough is cooked and the cheese is melted. I put meat, mozzarella cheese and marinara sauce inside these pizza rolls but they would be just as delicious with veggies and alfredo sauce.
whole wheat pizza dough (I use store bought but feel free to make your own if you want)
marinara sauce (I like Classico)
cooked meat (ham, bacon, sausage, etc.)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Place parchment paper on cookie sheet (or spray cooking sheet with cooking spray)
3. Separate pizza dough in half
4. Roll out each half of dough into a rectangle
5. Put a light coat of sauce on each rectangle of dough. Leave a half inch boarder without sauce.
6. Sprinkle meat and cheese over sauce.
7. Roll up pizza dough (roll up the short side so that the pizza roll is as long as possible) and place pizza roll on the parchment-lined cookie sheet.
8. Slice a few vents in the pizza roll (do not cut all the way through to the bottom of the roll)
9. Sprinkle roll with italian seasoning
10. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until dough is golden
11. Slice pizza roll into pieces before serving
Also, we LOVE hearing from you. If you’d like to follow any members of our link-up, here are the details:
Annmarie: blog, facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest, bloglovin’
Cassandra: blog, facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest, bloglovin’
Emily: blog, twitter, instagram, pinterest, bloglovin’
Esther: blog, facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest, bloglovin’
Farrah: blog, instagram, pinterest, twitter, bloglovin’
Montana: blog, facebook, twitter, instagram, pinterest, bloglovin’