Happy New Year!! I hope that your holidays were filled with family, friends, love and great memories. I had a wonderful time and am so grateful for the opportunity to spend time with loved ones.
As I pondered my resolutions for the new year, I remembered one of my favorite inspirational video clips and wanted to share it with you:
I love this message! Looking forward with faith in the future is so powerful. I also wanted to share some of my resolutions for 2016 – if I share them here I will be more accountable. 🙂 Some are goals I have not achieved yet and others are habits I’ve started and want to make sure that I continue.
- Maintain my 9:00 pm scripture study on weeknights (a few months ago I started a 9:00 pm cut-off and Gospel study on weeknights. A few minutes before 9 pm I finish my tasks for the evening, read my scriptures at 9:00 pm and then relax for bed by reading or watching a show with my husband)
- Spend 20 minutes in a “down time” activity of my choice each day
- Connect with a friend (or friends) each week (this could include going to lunch, visiting a friend in the evening, visiting teaching, attending a Relief Society activity, meeting a friend for dinner, attending running club, girls night out, etc.)
- Do 3 pull ups or chin ups by the end of 2016
- Complete a 10k in less than 60 minutes by the end of 2016
- Have a weekly date night with my husband
- Prepare one (at least one) family name to take to the temple by the end of 2016
- Take time regularly to style my hair and do my makeup (some days get super crazy but I feel SO much better about myself when I make time to do my hair and makeup)
What are your resolutions for 2016??